Elenco di collegamenti utili a siti, dati, fatti, grafici, ecc. dell’Artico e dell’Antartide:
Questo elenco si evolverà gradualmente nel corso del tempo (quindi lavori in corso) per facilitare l utente finale nel monitoraggio dell artico e dell antartico.
- NSIDC (National Snow and Ice Data Center): https://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/ – daily ice cover updates and monthly reports.
- NSIDC: https://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/charctic-interactive-sea-ice-graph/ – interactive chart with options for years and means from 1979.
- NSIDC: http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/sea-ice-comparison-tool/ – sea ice spatial comparison tool with daily or monthly charts from 1979.
- NSIDC: https://nsidc.org/data/seaice_index/archives/image_select – sea ice index animation tool with maps from 1979
- NSIDC-MASIE (Multisensor Analysed Sea Ice Extent): https://nsidc.org/data/masie/masie_plots – all the Arctic graphs for each regional sea.
- Arctic Sea Ice graphs: https://sites.google.com/site/arcticseaicegraphs/ – this huge site with many sub links provides any extraordinary amount of current and historic ice data, charts and maps.
- JAXA “Arctic Ice Charts”: https://ads.nipr.ac.jp/vishop/#/extent – this JMA site has been revamped. Excellent interactive charts.
- Bremen University “Arctic Ice Graphs”: https://seaice.uni-bremen.de/start/ – excellent range of current and archive charts back to 2002.
- Bremen University “Table of Daily Arctic Ice Extent”: https://seaice.uni-bremen.de/data/amsr2/today/extent_n_2019_amsr2_smooth.txt .
- DMI (Danish Meteorological Institute) data: http://ocean.dmi.dk/anim/index.php – this excellent site provides some of the best analyses of the Arctic ice profile and temperature. There is a pull down menu for a host of options _ scroll right down for the Arctic. There is some less widely available data such as a “sea water salinity” chart (and see Polar Portal below).
- Pettit Climate Graphs: https://sites.google.com/view/pettitclimategraphs – range of Arctic ice as well as global graphs
- Polar Portal: http://polarportal.dk/en/sea-ice-and-icebergs/ – this site is run by the Danish Arctic Research Institutions (including the DMI) with more ice extent data and charts for the Arctic and Greenland.
- NOAA National Weather Centre Environmental Modelling Centre Global Sea Surface Temperatures and Anomaly Maps: https://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/sst/ophi/ (click on the map for any region).
- NOAA Snow Cover Maps: current snow cover maps for Northern Hemisphere, North America and Eurasia. Transferred to new site in early 2019: www.natice.noaa.gov/ims/index.html
- NOAA Snow Cover Maps: archive snow cover maps for Northern Hemisphere, North America and Eurasia daily from 1997 to date: https://www.natice.noaa.gov/ims/gif_archive.html
- Rutgers University “GSL” (Global Snow Lab): snow cover maps, anomalies, graphs and reports – https://climate.rutgers.edu/snowcover/
- Rutgers University “GSL” (Global Snow Lab): weekly snow extent and rankings – https://climate.rutgers.edu/snowcover/table_area.php?ui_set=0
- NCEP 2m Surface Temperature Anomalies by region: http://www.karstenhaustein.com/climate.php – includes forecast, current and past charts with extensive Arctic and Antarctica coverage.
- NASA WorldView Satellite Imagery: https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov/ – with many options and tools to create your own world or regional images.
- Polar Science Center: http://psc.apl.uw.edu/ – packed with Arctic news, research, data and links to conferences and papers (some of these are already in the Research Portal and more to add).
- Zachary (Zach) Labe: http://sites.uci.edu/zlabe/ – a Ph.D. student, Dept of Earth System Science, University of California; fascinating Arctic research, reports, data, charts and links to papers.
- Climate Reanalyzer: https://climatereanalyzer.org/wx/DailySummary/#t2 – for current weather data and analysis (northern hemisphere).
Mappa regionale dell’Oceano Artico che mostra tutti i mari:
mappa dell’Artico (sotto) per identificare le posizioni di tutti i mari che compongono l’Oceano Artico